1.9K views

I bought a set of 4 Trapline mole traps which turned out to be rather flimsy wire devices with a spring costing $6 each.I don't know if our moles in Tennessee are bigger than the ones the manufacturer has in California, but there's no way these little devices can kill one of our moles.

I wrote to the maker and he said it should work fine. Well our moles figured out a way to spring the traps and bypass them in the tunnel, and also drag them away so I couldn't retrieve them!

I wrote the owner at www.TraplineProducts.com and got NO REPLY!A good businessman might have replaced my lost traps with the larger sized gopher traps--at least one so I could try it out.

Had an Experience with Trapline Products?

Comments

I am glad I didn't let this person stop me from buying the best trap in the market.

I have zero experience with trapping gophers.Missed my first try, but that was because of me not using my brain, or thinking about how to place the trap snugly and make sure it is not wobbly.

Also make sure it is standing upright, and not easy to tip over, and flushed to the floor tunnel ground. I realized that after my first miss. Then after that, it's all hits.

After I did that, my hit rate was close to 100%. I caught 2 on my first day.

and 1 the next day. Took them all out. This guy saved me a-lot of pain from gophers eating my stuff everyday.

I am so confident now, that I think I own my yard now, and not the gophers.

Before I was crying at their mercy.

As to the construction of the traps, they were very well made, easy to set (watch the video), and not flimsy at all.They don't look like they rust easy either.

I am glad I didn't let this *** stop me from buying the best trap in the market.

After I did that, my hit rate was close to 100%. I caught 2 on my first day.

I am so confident now, that I think I own my yard now, and not the gophers.

Before I was crying at their mercy.

Lynnwood, Washington, United States #1224014

So you have a gopher problem or mole? Using a mole trap to trap gophers, is like bringing a knife to a gun fight

Jackson, Michigan, United States #1190948

Suggest installing a tether on the mole traps as show in the video.This would keep the mole from hauling it away.

Traps are not flimsy and should last a lifetime.

The trap needs to be positioned properly in the tunnel as shown in the video.There is no reason not to be successful if the instructions and videos are followed.

The only way a mole could crawl away with the trap is if the owner can not follow instructions. I don't give this review much credence.

I use small chain, 1/4 to 3/8 inch, figure 8 shaped links. That way I can just bend the link open on the end the attach to the trap and attach the other end to a wire stake with the end bent into a circle.

I love these Trapline traps - and they work magnificently even with the sandy soil here in Colorado!I insert the traps in the tunnel, anchor them via a nylon tie that extends out of the hole.

Use a marker flag to pin down the nylon tie, cover the hole to the tunnel, check later, and bam, I've got another gopher.

These have worked perfectly and have caught over 30 of them in two years.You have to learn how to use them correctly.

By the way, they are stainless steel and have never had one fail.Well worth the money.

I love trapline mole traps!They are easy to set, and smaller than all the other mole traps, which lets them fit into smaller holes without disturbing the tunnel as much as other ones I've tried.

Before trapline mole traps, I tried NoMol traps which haven't yielded me a mole yet, as well as the common two spike type mole traps and the victor style traps.

I feel like this trapline mole trap has a better trigger mechcanism, which is easier to get deeper into the tunnel w/o tripping tripping the trap.

I have religiously worn latex gloves when handling all the traps, and washing them down with alcohol before beginning to use them.

With the Trapline mole trap, I caught a mole on the first night of getting and setting the trap!! It was so fat, with a belly about the size of a racket ball, and a body that was 7 1/2 inches long with tail.

I can't believe they can eat like 50% of their body weight in worms and grubs/day! Since catching the first fat mole, it has been almost a month ago, and I just caught another one today on the same trapline trap! This mole was quite a bit smaller, maybe a younger, less obese one!

I still set all my different types of traps, seven of them, hoping the moles will get caught up in one of them. I have also placed a dozen mole sonic spikes among my garden and two mole chaser windmills from harbor freight on either side of my garden, I'm hoping all of this will once again let the moles know to stay clear...

If you are another person, like myself, who feels mole crazy, and is about to snap, like Chevy Chase and Bill Murray with golphers in CaddieShack, then you HAVE to try these TRAPLINE PRODUCTS mole traps. They were $22 with shipping for two traps, and they were at my doorstep in about 4 or 5 days.

Sorry they didn't work for the person above, but maybe they will work for you, as they did for me.Cheers, good luck, and happy mole hunting!!!

Russellville, Arkansas, United States #853868

Best product I ever bought for catching moles. I would pay double for the trap